Note from Alanda Craft: Barbara has adapted the pattern and added a couple of rows of rectangles in with the squares. I think that’s a great idea and shows how just how unique you can make your quilts with a simple change. Love the nautical theme, and I think the lobsters and crabs fabric makes the quilt pop. I know what she means when she talks about laying out the blocks. I find that sometimes you can keep shuffling them around until finally, you have to say ‘Enough is enough’. And the quilt always looks amazing anyway. Really don’t know why we put ourselves through so much stress sometimes 🙂
- It’s a shade darker than it shows here. (but the quilt colors show up a little better here. Except for the anchors; it looks black here but it’s really navy blue.
- The back is a nice cream with a pattern of some sort – cream on cream.
I would also like to share some of Barbara’s quilting history with you. (I have asked and she has given her permission). You can see photos of a couple of her cat quilts for adopted cats below. I think they are just lovely and what a great idea.
To see more of Barbara’s lovely quilts, click on the links below:
- Paris Panel Quilt
- Rail Fence Quilt Pattern
- Dogs & Suds Panel Quilt
- Butterfly Panel Quilt
- Rail Fence Quilt
- Jelly Roll Quilts & Barbara’s Assistants
- Jelly Roll Quilts
- Snappy Quilts
- Kaffe Fasset Scrap Quilt
- More lovely quilts from Barbara
- Quilts and Kitty Mats
- Barbara’s quilts
- Barbara’s quilts for family & friends
You can also visit Barbara’s Etsy store where she has some lovely quilts for sale.
You can watch the video below to see how to make our basic Layer Cake Quilt
- Then you can do as Barbara has done and adapt it to suit your needs.