The Mosaic Pinwheel Block is such an easy block to put together and it creates a beautiful effect.
What You Will Need – 12″ Finished Block
- 8 @ 4″ x 4″squares white fabric
- 4 @ 4″ x 4″squares light blue fabric
- 4 @ 4″ x 4″squares dark blue fabric
Tools Used in this Video
How to Construct the Mosaic Pinwheel Block – 12″ Finished Block
- Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of each of the white fabric squares. We used a Frixion pen as the mark can be easily ironed off.)
- Place the white fabric squares on top of each the coloured fabric squares with right sides facing. (ie. The wrong side of each of the fabrics should be facing outwards.)
- Sew a quarter of an inch line along each side of the drawn line for each of the squares.
- Slice along the line on each of the squares with your rotary cutter.
- You should now have 16 half square triangles – 8 for each colour.
- Now it’s time to trim up each of the half-square triangles. We want to trim them back to 3 1/2″. Check out our tutorial here on how to do that – How to Square Up a Half Square Triangle.
- Once your half square triangles are trimmed, you ware now ready to piece it together. Lay out the triangles as shown below.
- Now you simply need to sew the blocks together into rows.
- Once you have your blocks sewn into rows, you can now sew the rows together to form your Mosaic Pinwheel Quilt Block.