The 3D bow tie quilt block is easier to make than you might thing. And if you use a charm square pack then there is no cutting needed.
Watch the video tutorial below
TOOLS USED IN THIS TUTORIAL
You can check the latest prices at Amazon by clicking on the links below:
- Creative Grids Ruler 8½” x 24½”
- Olfa 24″ x 36″ double-sided healing mat
- Olfa Non-slip Ruler 6½” x 6½”
- Olfa 60mm rotary cutter
- Oliso Iron
- Gutermann Sew-All thread
What You Need
5 x 5″ squares.
- 2 squares for the background.
- 3 squares for the bow tie or you can use 2 squares of the same color for the bow tie and a contrasting square for the middle section of the bow tie. Both look great.
This is one quilt block that is easy to do but difficult to explain in writing. It really is better if you watch the video for the technique.
Here are some examples of how the block will look like when used in a quilt