I love the scent of lavender, vanilla and roses in my home and as my old lavender sachets had definitely seen better days, I thought it was about time to make some new ones.
Watch the video tutorial below
After some deliberation, Paula and I decided to make use of some of the layer cake squares that we had in our fabric stash. They turned out to be just the right size for what we had in mind.
- So by just using 2 layer cake squares (or 2 x 10″ squares of fabric), you can make 4 square or triangle sachets or 8 small triangle shapes.
- The small triangles are ideal for popping into smelly shoes and sneakers. or for popping in the linen cupboard.
This project is so easy its ridiculous.
In our sachets, we added the following ingredients:-
- dried lavender and vanilla
- dried rose petals with some rose essential oil added
- 50-50 arrowroot and baking soda with essential oil added – use your favorite oil
TOOLS USED IN THIS TUTORIAL
You can check the latest prices at Amazon by clicking on the links below: