Super Cute Moda Charm Square Tote Bag Tutorial
Here is our tutorial on how to make a Moda Charm Square Tote Bag.
You can make this tote bag from a Moda Charm Square pack or you can create your own 5″ squares from your stash. The beauty of Moda Charm packs is that the colors are all beautifully color co-ordinated and the finished bags look amazing.
However, a charm square tote bag is a perfect way to use those pretty pieces of fabric that you have on hand, to create a truly personalized tote bag for yourself.
Watch the step-by-step video below or scroll down for basic instructions
(Can’t see the video? You may have an adblocker installed.)
The bag measures approximately 13½” x 13½”.
What You Need:
- 29 Charm Squares (5″ x 5″ squares)
- approx ¾ yard of fusible interfacing or batting
- approx 1 yard of lining fabric
- magnetic clasp (optional)
You can purchase beautiful charm packs here
TOOLS USED IN THIS TUTORIAL
You can check the latest prices at Amazon by clicking on the links below:
- Olfa 24″ x 36″ double sided healing mat
- Quilters slidelock
- Olfa 60mm rotary cutter
- Oliso Iron
- Gutermann Sew All thread
- Sew the charm squares together using a ¼” seam allowance.
Firstly I lay out my squares to get the effect I want, as shown in the diagram below.
- I sew the squares from one side to the other in rows of 3, 3, 4, 4, 3, 3.
- Then I sew the joined rows together to make the shape below. I use this shape as a template to cut out my lining and my interfacing.
In the video we show you how to assemble the bag. We take you through the process step by step so that you will be able to make these bags quickly and easily.