At a recent craft fair in our home town, we purchased some Terial Magic and set out to test it out on a variety of different projects. One of those was using it to transfer photos to fabric. It worked beautifully by providing a firm texture to the fabric which enabled us to easily feed the fabric through the printer.
Using Terial Magic makes it so easy to transfer your favorite photos to your craft project. The photo that I have used in the video is one of my favorites of my granddaughter Demelza and her dog Hugo. The photo is black and white but Terial Magic works equally as well with colored photos.
As you can see in the video I transferred this photo onto a bag, but you can transfer family photos onto fabric to use to make a memory quilt.
I made the bag using our 3 Teatowel tote bag tutorial.
I can think of so many projects that you can use this on apart from quilts and bags you could also make fabric memory hangers, cushion covers, etc.I know I am going to have lots of fun creating beautiful memories using Terial Magic and I am sure you will as well.
Check out the video below to see how it’s done
So what is Terial Magic?
- Terial Magic is a non-toxic fabric stabilizing spray.
- It was originally designed for use in creating dimensional flowers.
- It wasn’t long before it crafters began using it in quilting, applique, embroidery, sewing and mixed media projects.
- It will give a firmer texture to any normally limp fabric, especially fabric such as silk, batik, velvet, wool, and other natural fibres.
- Terial Magic stops fabric from fraying.
- It is non-toxic because the main ingredient is an organic compound.
- You won’t have any trouble with insects attacking your stored fabric as Terial Magic isn’t a starch.
- It’s water-soluble so it will soak or wash out easily.
Is it easy to use?
- Absolutely. Watch the video above to see how easy it is to use.
How does it help with my sewing and quilting?
- Terial Magic stabilizes all manner of fabric such as those mentioned above plus vinyl and felt.
- Fabric treated with Terial Magic is easy to handle and cut, as it doesn’t shift or stretch as you are cutting it.
- You will need to use fewer pins to hold your pieces in place.
- Fabric that is treated is easy to iron. Simply spritz with some water or steam if you have any stubborn wrinkles or creases.
- You can easily finger press those quarter-inch turns when applying applique to your projects, or you can finger press your seams open to save time when you are piecing your quilt pieces together.
Will it Discolour my light-colored fabric?
- No. it won’t, however, when you apply the Terial Magic the fabric may darken a bit,
- It may also change the sheen on shiny materials.
- However, the fabric will return to its original color and shine after the Terial Magic is rinsed out.
Is It safe for my sewing machine?
- Terial Magic won’t leave any residue on your sewing machine or needles.
Will it damage my iron?
- No, it won’t cause any damage to your iron.
- If you iron a piece of treated fabric while it is still very wet then the Terial Magic may crystalize on the iron or fabric. This gel wipes off easily
Where Can You Buy Terial Magic?