Note from Alanda Craft: I honestly haven’t seen anyone run with a new craft like Barbara has. She is a veritable quilting queen. It’s not that long ago that she sent us her first quilt photo and now she is quilting up a storm. Here are the latest quilts that she has made and they look awesome. Her friends and family are certainly lucky to have such an inspired friend. and she crafts her quilts to suit the recipient. The quilts have all been professionally quilted.
- I made this quilt for my friend Olya. The quilt is made from the Kaffe Fasset ‘Islands Collection fabrics.
- I just love the use of blues and purples. I really love the backing fabric on this one, it certainly tones in beautifully with the front.
- Lots of lovely vibrant colours here and again Barbara has chosen a lovely vibrant backing fabric that ties in nicely with the front fabrics. This one is for Barbara’s friend Bonnie. She made it to match the colours in Bonnie’s chairs.
- This quilt isn’t for anyone in particular, Barbara just liked the patterns. I think that the flowers on this quilt give it a spring/summer feel.
- I made this quilt for Diane, my cat sitter. She likes blues and greens.
- I feel that the colours in this quilt are reminiscent of the ocean and seaside.
- For my sister. She lives and breathes baseball in the spring and summer.
- This is just perfect for a baseball fan.
- For my friend’s grandaughter who LOVES sheep.
- Awww this fabric is so cute,
- This is the matching kitty quilt.
- And this quilt is for her friends other grandaughter, who is a huge cat lover.
- Love the border which is made from the same fabrics as has been used in the quilt.
- This is a matching kitty mat made from the same fabrics.
- And this quilt is for Barbara’s friend (the grandmother of the two lucky girls mentioned above). This one has been made extra long as her friend is very tall and Barbara wanted to make sure it covered her feet.
- And here is the matching kitty quilt.
- Barbara’s husband, who is a cowboy, decided that he wanted his own quilt as well. He picked out this fabric with a Rodeo theme and Barbara made him this awesome quilt. It’s also a long quilt so that it keeps his feet warm.
Click the links below to see more quilts made by Barbara: